Here at Garlinge, we are fortunate enough to have lots of space and a member of staff dedicated to our learning outside the classroom curriculum. We have eight identified areas in our grounds including: several nature areas, a forest school area, and dedicated outdoor classroom areas.
How do our children get involved?
- Children can experience den building in the forest school and nature area.
- They learn about science and maths through learning outside the classroom, for example pond dipping and data collection.
- Art and science is explored through natural resources.
- The reading areas are used to share class stories.
- Learn about sustainable living through environment themed assemblies.
- Orienteering skills can be explored through Active Maths sessions.