ENTER OUR PUPILS AREA
APPLY FOR A PLACE
We want all school children at Garlinge Primary School and Nursery to get the most out of their education, and attending school every day is an important part of your child's education. We are here to support you if your child has any problems attending school, whatever the reason may be.
If your child is going to be absent from school
- Please telephone the school by 9.30am and leave a message on the Absence Service voicemail (option 1) or call into the school office.
- If your child has an appointment please give a copy of the appointment letter or card to the school.
- Where appointments have been made over the telephone please ask the person you are visiting to provide confirmation of the appointment i.e. compliment slip with date, time and child's name.
- If your child has been on medication bring it into the school office and they will be able to copy the information.
Garlinge Primary School and Nursery are part of the Penalty Notice Scheme where a fine may be implemented for the following circumstances:
- Truancy including truancy sweeps
- Parentally condoned absence
- Holidays in term time
- Delayed return from extended holidays without prior school agreement
- Persistent lateness after the register has closed
- Where an excluded child is found in a public place during school hours during the first five days of exclusion
School Guidance Documents