We want all school children at Garlinge Primary School and Nursery to get the most out of their education, and attending school every day is an important part of your child's education. We strive to achieve 100% attendance here at Garlinge Primary School and Nursery and we are here to support you if your child has any problems attending school, whatever the reason may be.
If your child is going to be absent from school
- Please telephone the school by 9.30am and leave a message on the Absence Service voicemail (option 1) or call into the school office on 01843 221877. Alternatively, please complete an Absence Report on Weduc or email email@example.com
- If your child has an appointment please give a copy of the appointment letter or card to the school, this can be done via Weduc or email.
- Where appointments have been made over the telephone please ask the person you are visiting to provide confirmation of the appointment i.e. compliment slip with date, time and child's name.
- If your child has been on medication bring it into the school office and they will be able to copy the information. Alternatively, please take a photo of the prescribed medication – clearly showing the name and date and send this in via Weduc or email.
Garlinge Primary School and Nursery are part of the Penalty Notice Scheme where a fine may be implemented for the following circumstances:
- Truancy including truancy sweeps
- Parentally condoned absence
- Holidays in term time
- Delayed return from extended holidays without prior school agreement
- Persistent lateness after the register has closed
- Where an excluded child is found in a public place during school hours during the first five days of exclusion
If you wish to discuss attendance further, please contact Miss Lindley on 01843 221877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
School Guidance Documents